kinzville forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for webkinz lovers of all kinds! something for all!, )

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gardening for Fun and Profit

Go down 
+5
Elephant
OMGitzkelseey1
Grace
Wikylo☮
Saltymac
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Saltymac

Saltymac

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Gardening for Fun and Profit Empty
PostSubject: Gardening for Fun and Profit   Gardening for Fun and Profit Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:10 am

My Eagle, Buzz Aldren, is very economically oriented, and was highly intrigued by reports of other Webkinz officianados growing cash crops to finance their appetite for Arte’s rare items… Buzz wondered which crop would give the highest return on investment… or put another way, which crop pays back the initial investment most quickly? Following is his analysis:

Gardening for Fun and Profit BuzzGardeningGuide110108

It seems that Strawberries, with their higher yield, have the edge over carrots, pumpkins, and watermelons, despite their longer growing cycle. Only 3 disadvantages to be considered prior to planting the strawberry patch:
1. The lower sell-back price means you have to drag more strawberries into the W-Shop to make the same amount of Kinzcash (9 strawberries = W54; 9 pumpkins = W90).
2. The lower hunger points makes them less desirable as actual food for webbies (compare 1 hunger point for strawberries to (I think) about 4 for carrots).
3. They're more difficult to rake than carrots or pumpkins, because it's harder to see the weeds.

Gardening for Fun and Profit StrawberryHarvest102708

Buzz also learned from friends that raking and harvesting are the only required care for crops in WW. Watering, or lack of watering does not affect the yield or growing cycle.

Gardening for Fun and Profit BuzzPumpkinPatch102108

We would love to hear thoughts from other gardeners, re: preferred crop, planting timing, etc.
Back to top Go down
Wikylo☮
Admin
Wikylo☮

Number of posts : 447
Location : Sooome Wheeere Ooooout Theeere if love can\'t seee me throuuuuugh! ♪
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Gardening for Fun and Profit   Gardening for Fun and Profit Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:33 am

I think I need to start gardening on a regular basis. Very Happy

I need the dough tongue

xP
Back to top Go down
Grace
Admin
Grace

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Gardening for Fun and Profit   Gardening for Fun and Profit Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:03 am

I have one large garden that is all strawberries and carrots. There are a few pumpkins, tomatoes, and lettuce too. I prefer strawberries and carrots. I used to feed my pets with farm fresh food, but now I use recipes I get as extras in trades xD I am thinking of making a more *for show* garden with scare crows and benches and stuff. My other one is just a lot of plants xD
Back to top Go down
Saltymac

Saltymac

PostSubject: Re: Gardening for Fun and Profit   Gardening for Fun and Profit Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:44 pm

Grace wrote:
I have one large garden that is all strawberries and carrots. There are a few pumpkins, tomatoes, and lettuce too. I prefer strawberries and carrots. I used to feed my pets with farm fresh food, but now I use recipes I get as extras in trades xD I am thinking of making a more *for show* garden with scare crows and benches and stuff. My other one is just a lot of plants xD

I'd love to see your gardens, Grace! Is there a place here where we can post stuff like that?
Back to top Go down
Saltymac

Saltymac

PostSubject: Re: Gardening for Fun and Profit   Gardening for Fun and Profit Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:52 pm

Wikylo☮ wrote:

I need the dough tongue

xP

Not bad cash flow, Wikylo: conservatively, 90 pumpkin plants X W10 per week is about 900KC per week. Have you played that new pixie pod pachinko game? you can get W150 - 300 with one seed! Since most of us started with about 30 seeds, this is about the quickest cash in WW right now. You need one figurine to unlock the game.
Back to top Go down
Grace
Admin
Grace

PostSubject: Re: Gardening for Fun and Profit   Gardening for Fun and Profit Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:09 pm

Saltymac wrote:
Grace wrote:

I'd love to see your gardens, Grace! Is there a place here where we can post stuff like that?

No, not yet. I will probably make a houses section soon. Wink Or wik can, if he finds a convenient time before I do.
Back to top Go down
OMGitzkelseey1

OMGitzkelseey1

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Gardening for Fun and Profit   Gardening for Fun and Profit Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 11:39 pm

Wow cool guide, I'm too lazy to figure all that out. =) I just sell them and hope I earned a little bit of money. And I loooove that Pachinko game, I started off with about 55 of them and I was waiting for a use of those darn seeds!
Back to top Go down
Elephant

Elephant

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Gardening for Fun and Profit   Gardening for Fun and Profit Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 11:41 pm

I have a pumpkin garden, but I never garden... In the snow... lol!
Back to top Go down
Wikylo☮
Admin
Wikylo☮

PostSubject: Re: Gardening for Fun and Profit   Gardening for Fun and Profit Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:39 am

Saltymac wrote:
Wikylo☮ wrote:

I need the dough tongue

xP

Not bad cash flow, Wikylo: conservatively, 90 pumpkin plants X W10 per week is about 900KC per week. Have you played that new pixie pod pachinko game? you can get W150 - 300 with one seed! Since most of us started with about 30 seeds, this is about the quickest cash in WW right now. You need one figurine to unlock the game.

Wow cyclops

I'm gonna try that with a pet that will be a farmer! xD

(I'm kind of bad with "routines" we're not BFFs... ]= )
Back to top Go down
amanda

amanda

Number of posts : 296

PostSubject: Re: Gardening for Fun and Profit   Gardening for Fun and Profit Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:54 am

me either. i had a huge garden a while back & forgot about it... & i always forget to do my dailies O.o
Back to top Go down
Saltymac

Saltymac

PostSubject: Re: Gardening for Fun and Profit   Gardening for Fun and Profit Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 9:54 am

OMGitzkelseey1 wrote:
Wow cool guide, I'm too lazy to figure all that out. =) I just sell them and hope I earned a little bit of money. And I loooove that Pachinko game, I started off with about 55 of them and I was waiting for a use of those darn seeds!

Wow, how much KC did you win from 55 seeds? Or are you savoring them, like I am?
Back to top Go down
Saltymac

Saltymac

PostSubject: Re: Gardening for Fun and Profit   Gardening for Fun and Profit Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 9:56 am

Wikylo☮ wrote:
Saltymac wrote:
Wikylo☮ wrote:

I need the dough tongue

xP

Wow cyclops

I'm gonna try that with a pet that will be a farmer! xD

(I'm kind of bad with "routines" we're not BFFs... ]= )

Too cool on the farmer pet thing. Hope you have a tractor Very Happy
By the way, your siggie is amazing!
Back to top Go down
Saltymac

Saltymac

PostSubject: Re: Gardening for Fun and Profit   Gardening for Fun and Profit Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 9:58 am

amanda wrote:
me either. i had a huge garden a while back & forgot about it... & i always forget to do my dailies O.o

Cool shoes, Amanda! Are those really yours?
Back to top Go down
amanda

amanda

Number of posts : 296

PostSubject: Re: Gardening for Fun and Profit   Gardening for Fun and Profit Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:00 am

not the avvie XD it's from iconator. i draw on my converse though.
back on topic... :3
Back to top Go down
Linhauss

Linhauss

Number of posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: Gardening for Fun and Profit   Gardening for Fun and Profit Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:20 am

Those are great looking Gardens, and you really put a lot of work into the table. Very very informative.

Thanks for taking the time.

I garden everyday, but only to feed my pets. I just never buy food. Occasionally I sell the food just because I have too many items. I have heard of people that make thousands of dollars a month gardening.
Back to top Go down
Grace
Admin
Grace

PostSubject: Re: Gardening for Fun and Profit   Gardening for Fun and Profit Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:25 am

I don't have much of a garden. Just strawberries and carrots, makes some money. I am trying to make a plan for a garden that can be "pretty" and "for show" but holds a lot of plants. I want to grow pumpkins, but I am trying to think of a clever design for them. Strawberries would be simple because of their color. But pumpkins...
Back to top Go down
OceanBluue

OceanBluue

Number of posts : 132
Location : In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean playing GO FISH with Jellyfish
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Gardening for Fun and Profit   Gardening for Fun and Profit Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:41 pm

Strawberries are the best fruit in the world! (In my opinion)
Thanks for the info, it must have taken you about a week and a half to make the chart!
If we could give reps, I would give you one.
Great Job!
Back to top Go down
BackFlip15

BackFlip15

Number of posts : 31
Location : I am currently eating peanut butter on top of the rainbow
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Gardening for Fun and Profit   Gardening for Fun and Profit Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:16 am

Great thread!

I have a garden, but I haven't been on it in a while. I think that the most important thing to do when gardening is to plant them near eachother. I know it's online, so it may not have an effect, but it'll make it look cool.Smile

Or else do a cool patter!!!
Back to top Go down
Wikylo☮
Admin
Wikylo☮

PostSubject: Re: Gardening for Fun and Profit   Gardening for Fun and Profit Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:46 am

Good point, BackFlip Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gardening for Fun and Profit   Gardening for Fun and Profit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gardening for Fun and Profit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
kinzville forums :: Site Help :: Guides-
Jump to: