kinzville forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for webkinz lovers of all kinds! something for all!, )

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!*

Go down 
+6
BackFlip15
Canary12345
SparkleGirl
fuzzypenguin7
amanda
Grace
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Grace
Admin
Grace

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!* Empty
PostSubject: Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!*   Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:30 am

I just want to make sure our members are safe. So I am posting these reminders on how to stay safe on the internet. I know your parents have probably told you about these rules before, and you have heard them ovr and over, but I just want to be sure everyone knows.

STAYING SAFE ON INTERNET... RULE 1

NEVER post your address or city. Or anything that would help people find out your city. (Like the name of a local store or resturaunt, or what school you go to)

RULE 2

Do not post your age or grade. Although this seems harmless, every little thing can help a creeper. (See bottom of post)

RULE 3

Do not post your school name, it can help people find your city.

RULE 4

DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT post a picture of yourself! That is the dumbest thing you could do! Rolling Eyes

RULE 5

Don't post your phone number, email adress, etc

If somebody asks you for this information/ gives you this information, PLEASE inform us ASAP!

What CAN you do?

You can post your first name, and your state.

Now, here is an example on how NOT doing these things could go wrong.

Okay, let's say your username is Jujubee050. You join KVF, and start posting away and making new friends. You come across the WTC. You begin to introduce yourself by saying: "Hi there! My name is Jane Jumpybean. I live in Atlanta, Georgia. I love the color purple and jujubee candies! Meanwhile, this creeper stalker dude (let's call him Phil) Phil wants to kidnap a little kid. Where's a better place to find someone to kidnap than on the internet, right? So what do kids enjoy? Webkinz! So Phil makes an account called Phil the Horn boy. Phil PMs you and begins to persuade you into being his friend. You kindly accept, and begin to talk to phil. Phil sees your post on the WTC. Then, on another thread about school, you post that you go to Lemon Jr. Highschool and you are 13. Perfect. Then, on another thread, you post that your hair is black and wavy, and that you are 5'6. So, now all Phil has to do is go to Atlanta, go to Lemon Jr High, look for the girl about 5'6 with black wavy hair named Jane Jumpybean, follow her home, throw a bag over your face and well there you have it.

Back to top Go down
amanda

amanda

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!*   Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:54 am

should i delete my hair thread then?

& why does it let us state our ages over there?
<--
Back to top Go down
Grace
Admin
Grace

PostSubject: Re: Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!*   Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!* Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:27 am

amanda wrote:
should i delete my hair thread then?

& why does it let us state our ages over there?
<--

As long as you don't post the other stuff you are okay Very Happy

Because some sites allow you to post that which is really stupid. I can't figure out a way to gte rid of it.
Back to top Go down
fuzzypenguin7

fuzzypenguin7

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!*   Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!* Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 6:07 am

well, even if it gives you the option to post your age, you shouldn't put it... its like one of the top things you should do! even your birthday, because thats one of the things they can track you of!
Back to top Go down
SparkleGirl

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!*   Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!* Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 7:52 am

OK I won't post any personal info. (:
Back to top Go down
Grace
Admin
Grace

PostSubject: Re: Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!*   Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!* Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:09 am

That's right, fuzzypenguin. But a lot of people have the birthday, like August 7th for example. But no year. Smile
Back to top Go down
Canary12345

Canary12345

Number of posts : 356
Location : at a movie theather watching the titanic! sure.......
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!*   Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!* Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:57 am

Nice Example, Grace!
Back to top Go down
BackFlip15

BackFlip15

Number of posts : 31
Location : I am currently eating peanut butter on top of the rainbow
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!*   Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 6:31 am

Great thread! It'll really help some people
If someone makes you feel
uncomfortable, you need to inform someone.
Whether it be a mod or and adult.
I would notify an adult and then tell a mod.

Good reminder!
Back to top Go down
sodapop907

sodapop907

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!*   Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:13 am

Thankyou to all admins for letting us sleep soundly in our beds at night!
Back to top Go down
Linhauss

Linhauss

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!*   Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:46 am

Nice job. I'm really glad you made a thread like this. We can never be too safe, and you can never really tell who you are talking to. Better to just be safe.
Back to top Go down
- ButterCup (:

- ButterCup (:

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!*   Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Nice job, tex. Just so you know - I am looking through OB's posts for ya!
Back to top Go down
Grace
Admin
Grace

PostSubject: Re: Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!*   Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:44 pm

Awesome, Thanks soo much BuCu!
Back to top Go down
OMGitzkelseey1

OMGitzkelseey1

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!*   Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!* Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:07 am

Okay. The profile thing asked me for my birthday, AIM, email, and a bunch of stuff. Should I delete all of that info?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!*   Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Online Safety. *PLEASE READ!*
Page 1 of 1